The Astronomical Almanac¬†contains a wide variety of both technical and general astronomical information. A worldwide resource for fundamental astronomical data, you will learn that it‚Äôs a joint publication of the U.S. Nautical Almanac Office at the U.S. Naval Observatory and Her Majesty's Nautical Almanac Office in the UK.¬†You will find¬†data supplied by many scientists from around the world.
Examples of contents contained in these yearly releases include:
- INFORMATION ON THE SEASONS, phases of the Moon, configurations of the¬†planets, eclipses, etc.
- TIME-SCALES AND COORDINATE SYSTEMS, calendar information, relationships between time scales, universal and sidereal times, Earth rotation angle,
- SUN ‚Äď MOON ‚Äď PLANETS,¬†
- STARS AND STELLAR SYSTEMS,¬†
- TABLES AND DATA, Julian dates, and more.