Meetings of Halifax¬†Centre are from 1:00 PM to 4:30 PM on the FIRST SATURDAY of the month (except July and August).¬†There may be exceptions if the date falls on a holiday weekend.
September 12, 2020 - RASC September¬†Meeting
In lieu of a face-to-face meeting, we will now be hosting Members' Meetings using Zoom. You do not require a Zoom account to join in but you are required to register for this webinar. Halifax Centre Members will be given priority for registration. The webinar is limited to 100¬†registrants - first come, first served. The panellists' presentations¬†are being recorded and will¬†become accessible¬†via¬†a link on this¬†website.
When: September 12, 2020
Time: 1:00 PM Atlantic¬†
Topic: Halifax Centre - Members Meeting
- Paul Heath -¬†Food for the Soul
- Dave Chapman will present the¬†What's up?
- Wayne Harasimovitch will provide insights¬†on¬†books from our collection
- Judy Black will give news from the Board and national RASC
- The Observer's Handbook segment¬†"Solar Observing"¬†will be presented by David Hoskin
Special Guest: Nicole Mortillaro¬†
Details of the special presentation and how to be part of the webinar will be publicized in late August. ¬†
2020 RASC Halifax Centre¬†meetings:¬†
- No meetings in July and August... but stay tuned for special events & presentations over the summer!
The method of fall meetings¬†(face-to-face versus webinar)¬†will be determined during the summer months. Fall meeting dates are:
- Saturday, September 12 (the weekend¬†after Labour Day)
- Saturday, October 3
- Saturday, November 7
- Saturday, December 5 (includes¬†the AGM)
We frequently continue our get-together with supper at a local restaurant after the meeting. Come and join us!