Meetings of Halifax Centre are from 1:00 PM to 4:30 PM on the FIRST SATURDAY of the month (except July and August). There may be exceptions if the date falls on a holiday weekend.
In lieu of face-to-face meetings, we now host Members' Meetings using Zoom. All meetings and special sessions are recorded and are accessible on the RASC Halifax Centre YouTube channel.
February 6, 2020 - RASC Members' Meeting
When: Saturday, February 6, 2020
Time: 1:00 PM Atlantic
Topic: Halifax Centre Member's Meeting
- Welcome & Members' Photo Montage
Special Presentation: How I Fell into a Black Hole - my journey to becoming an astronomy columnist
- Paul Heath - Food for the Soul
- Wayne Harasimovitch - Fireside Chat with Uncle Wayne (Book review: "Alien Oceans")
- Dave Chapman will present the What's up in February?
- Judy Black - News from the Board
- Astro-Chat. Following the Members' Meeting, there will be 60 minutes in which members can stay online for social time. An opportunity to catch up with each other, ask questions, etc. Join us! NOTE: This segment is informal and will not be recorded.